You won’t meet a good partner until you love yourself!
1 regard for one’s own well-being and happiness (chiefly considered as a desirable rather than narcissistic characteristic).
There is no other person on this planet like you. No one! You are golden! You are very unique and you deserve to be loved not only by those around you but by the most important person in your life: YOU!! Practicing self-love can be very challenging for many of us. It’s not about being self-absorbed or conceited, it’s about being in touch with ourselves, like our well-being and our happiness. We practice self-love so we can strive for our goals and push through tough times. Self-love is important because with it we can begin to accept our strengths as well as our weaknesses. We can push through our limiting beliefs and live our lives like it’s golden!
So take a deep breath, give yourself a hug, and start practicing these 14 steps:
- Wake up and start each day by telling yourself something really positive. Give yourself a compliment. Reflect on how well you handled a situation, or notice how great you look today. Anything that will make you smile! Verbally express gratitude for your life and your accomplishments.
- Move that sexy body of yours every single day and learn to love the skin you’re in. You can’t hate your way into loving yourself. Loving yourself is sexy.
- Fill your body with some good food and drink that nourishes it and makes it thrive. After all, food is for the soul!
- Sticky notes! Write yourself positive notes and stick them where you can see them. Wake up each day and if your mental notes aren’t available, get up and go read those reminders.
- Make an inspiration board. What inspires to get up each day? Who inspires you? Go and get some old magazines or pictures, glue, a board, some scissors, and start crafting what inspires you everyday.
- Be creative and express yourself. Paint, write, play music, dance, sing, or do anything that helps you feel good. Creativity can spark further inspiration to do more!
- Surround yourself with people who love and encourage you. Let them remind you just how amazing you are. A circle of positivity is always needed.
- End all toxic relationships, there is no need for negativity. Anyone who makes you feel anything less than amazing doesn’t deserve to be a part of your life.
- Step outside of your comfort zone and try something new. What will result is that amazing feeling we get when we realize we have achieved something we didn’t know or think we could do before. Embrace and love the things that make you different, something that uplifts you at the same time. This is what makes you special.
- Take time out to calm your mind every day. Breathe in and out, clear your mind of your thoughts and just relax. Always be mindful of what you think, feel, and want. Live your life in ways that truly reflect this.
- Follow your passion! You know that thing that gets you so excited but scares you at the same time. The thing you really want to do but have convinced yourself a million times that it won’t work, it just might! So go out and do that.
- Be patient but persistent. Self-love is ever evolving. It’s something that needs to be practiced daily, but can take a lifetime to master. So be kind and support yourself through the hard times. Don’t force anything, patience is a virtue.
- Learn to say no. You may feel that you always need to be there for someone even if it leaves you exhausted. Saying no doesn’t make you a bad person, it makes you a smart person because you can’t run yourself into the ground trying to please everyone.
- Have fun! Get out there and do the things that light your fire. Enjoy them, enjoy being you, and enjoy your incredible life.